The Archbishop of the Province of the Church of Uganda; His Grace Stephen Kaziimba Mugalu together with the Provincial Secretary; Rev. Can. William Ongeng, the Provincial Head of Clergy; Rev. Can. Geoffrey Byarugaba, the Provincial Head of Laity; Mr. John Tereraho, and the Archbishop’s Chaplain; Rev. Johnson Kansiime, visited North Kigezi Diocese from 27th to 29th September 2021. The purpose of the Archbishop’s visit was mainly three things;
- To comfort the Diocese for the loss of their Bishop and the widow of the Late Bishop Benon Magezi, who succumbed to COVID19 on June 15th
- To pay a Pastoral visit to the Diocese as the Archbishop of the Province of the Church of Uganda
- To encourage the Caretaker Bishop, the Clergy, and the Christians to move on and continue God’s work and diocesan projects after the loss of Bishop Benon.
During his tour, the Archbishop and his team;
- addressed the North Kigezi Diocese clergy and staff of North Kigezi at Emmanuel Cathedral Kinyasano,
- visited the grave of Bishop Benon Magezi at Kinyasano,
- planted a remembrance tree in the Emmanuel Cathedral Kinyasano compound and finally
- Ended the tour by visiting the family of Late Bishop Benon Magezi and Maama Gladys Magezi, where they comforted and prayed with Maama Gladys and the children in Rubanga, Kebisoni.
To God be the Glory.
Please click on the links below for the videos about the Archbishop’s tour in North Kigezi Diocese from 27th to 29th September 2021.